The residence of a faithful companion-in-arms to Joan of Arc. John of Dunois, known as the ‘Bastard of Orleans’ and half-brother of King Charles VI, transformed the old feudal castle into a bright, comfortable dwelling and added the Holy Chapel. His grandson, Francis II of Orleans-Longueville, extended the château with a wing in the Renaissance style heralding the great châteaux of the Loire Valley. Works started around 1450 but were not completed until 1530.
To ensure the safety of our visitors, the monument is strictly applying the security measures decided by the french authorities.
The monument is fully opened.